1. What is your full name?
Melissa Sue Werner
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
Creating… stories, dance routines, songs.
3. What job did you have in high school?
Waitressing and cooking at our neighborhood pharmacy’s fountain and grill.
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
One of many… I was 8 years old when Wayne’s World came out and my “cool” uncle let me watch it with my older sisters. A few days later, my Dad heard me repeatedly shouting in the backyard (probably with dance moves) “Muka laka hiki, come on ya wanna lei me.” Dad and I had a talk after that, but I continued using words and expressions I didn’t know the meaning of for at least a few more years…
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
This is a hard one. I will say Cinque Terre, Italy. Hiking through gorgeous countryside on the Mediterranean, wine and 3-4 hour dinners was a pretty ideal vacation.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
My kindergarten students.
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
Moving to California and becoming a teacher.
8. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Things will work out when they are supposed to. Don’t take no for an answer – shift your thinking, be creative and find a different way to figure it out.
9. What would you like people to remember about you?
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
I leave feeling uplifted, strong and shiny. I love this place – thank you!