1) What is your full name?
Bee Khuan Tan
2) What was your favorite activity as a child?
Wow, this is difficult. I liked a LOT of things! Dancing, running track, swimming, playing ping pong, playing badminton, playing a crazy game called One-Leg that involved catching friends while hopping on one-leg.
3) What job did you have in high school?
Being part of a dance troup and getting paid to perform at all sorts of functions.
4) What is your most embarrassing memory?
Sneaking my boyfriend into my room, hiding him in my armoire while I ate dinner with my family, and having my mom find him when she was putting away my laundry while I was still at the dinner table.
5) What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Going to Taiwan and Hong Kong with my mom before I left Malaysia for the United States. It was just the two of us and we both knew it would be special as I was probably leaving Malaysia for good.
6) What makes you laugh out loud?
When I’m slightly inebriated, I find everything hilarious! It is a good ab workout and kinda exhausting.
7) What accomplishments are you most proud of?
Having the best friends … I’m incredibly lucky to have wonderful friendships that have lasted 40 years plus. We are as close today as we were decades ago, maybe even closer because we know how special it is.
8) What advice would you give to your younger self?
Not to be in such a rush all the time … I still stack my day and am always rushing from one thing to the next but I am making progress.
9) What would you like people to remember about you?
I would like to be remembered as a badass … in a good way ☺.
10) Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
At MPY, I have found acceptance and community plus many kindred spirits and one soul sister; it is where I can zone out and be peaceful in my own head while pushing myself physically.