1. What is your full name?
Christina Maheen Amini
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
3. What job did you have in high school?
I volunteered to make and deliver meals as part of an AIDS meals program.
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Wow, this is a tough question. Hmm . . . Did I block it out? Nothing is coming to mind. Maybe I can work on doing more embarrassing things. I’m sure my kids would love that. (Because when we recently went to a Women’s National Team soccer game, I wore a Statue of Liberty hat, and my daughter told me I was embarrassing her.)
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Last year, I was able to take a sabbatical from work and travelled with my wife and young kids to Paris, Rome, Florence, and Orvieto for almost two months. When things got challenging, we got gelato.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
When my six-year-old daughter notices a pause in conversation and says, “Awkward. Silence.”
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
My two children! My marriage!
In terms of work: I am in publishing, and I love making good things with good people. I am proud of the beautiful books and gift products that I’ve made.
8. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Protect your light.
9. What would you like people to remember about you?
She could almost do an arm balance. Kidding.
I’d like people to remember the feeling of love.
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
I love the feeling of being in class with such committed teachers and practioners. And then I love the feeling of calm strength that stays with me all day.