1) What is your full name?
Dave Matli (honestly, only my mother and the government uses my actual full name).
2) What was your favorite activity as a child?
Playing a game called ‘bike chase’ – which is basically tag on bikes… which in retrospect I would never let my kids play now.
3) What job did you have in high school?
I worked on a churro cart at the Ventura County Fairgrounds. It was everything you’d imagine.
4) What is your most embarrassing memory?
5) What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Positano Italy with my wife and two daughters; we rented a boat and swam on hidden beaches along the Amalfi coast below deserted castles.
6) What makes you laugh out loud?
When anyone says the most awkward possible thing at the absolute wrong time.
7) What accomplishments are you most proud of?
That my kids seem like they’re growing up to be great people… though that’s probably more my wife than me doing that.
8) What advice would you give to your younger self?
Don’t try so hard to avoid failure – it’s a natural part of learning; once you re-frame the things you take too seriously, they become like a game where you are mainly doing it for the fun of getting better at something. …And honestly no one else really notices or cares what you succeed or fail at.
9) What would you like people to remember about you?
That I’m sorry I forgot your first name even though I know we talked that time.
10) Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
The best teachers in the Bay Area… I know – I tried over 30 studios when I moved here from LA! And an ego-free studio where everyone can truly feel comfortable and welcome to practice at their own level.