1. What is your full name?
Emily Ann Uzelac
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
Playing dress up with my best friend and making up dances, putting on fashions shows, and visiting our local stores in character.
3. What job did you have in high school?
Babysitter and hostess at Chili’s in Danville
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
I couldn’t say my “R’s”, I had been at a Belgian public school and switched to an International school in 3rd grade. I was in ESL and taking speech lessons. My parents after dinner said to us kids, “Guess what’s for dessert?” With great excitement, I blurted out “maaaaasss baaaaaas” (we were having “Mars bars” for desert, and that’s when I heard my speech impediment for the first time).
The next morning I could say my “R’s” ☺
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Italy with my husband Brad before my son Logan was born. We went to Venice, Capri, the Amalfi coast, Marina Del Catone, and Rome. So romantic, such great food, beautiful culture and the people have so much to be proud of.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
Brad’s and Logan’s dance moves during our impromptu dance parties.
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
Getting my BSN and BA while working full time. Having a beautiful 5 yr old boy. Being happily married to the man of my dreams.
8. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Start yoga as soon as you can walk
Be confident in who you are.
Don’t date anyone not as cool as your husband Brad.
Start having kids younger so you can more of them.
9. What would you like people to remember about you?
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
Wonderful Staff!!! Best yoga studio ever!
The teachers are amazing, love all the classes, the variety, the music, it’s a great place.