1) What is your full name?
– Ian Christopher Hanson
2) What was your favorite activity as a child?
– As a kid, I always enjoyed being outside. There was a big forest behind our house, and I spent lots of time exploring nature and making up my own adventures.
3) What job did you have in high school?
– In the winters, I taught skiing for a small local ski area. Most of the lessons were the kids after school programs, which earned me a pass, and night skiing after we finished. Summer jobs were lawn mowing, and eventually a job at the fancy golf course picking up range balls, and washing carts. Dream job at 16!
4) What is your most embarrassing memory?
– Wow, so many to choose from! The first thing that pops to mind is having an accident on a school trip to the roller skating rink, and then trying to play off that wearing your sweatshirt around your waste backwards was cool…
5) What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
– My wife and I went to Portugal a few years ago, and it was our first big European trip together. We had a blast, but I have a feeling the best vacation is yet to come!
6) What makes you laugh out loud?
– Friends, family, people not taking life too seriously? Laughter is the best!
7) What accomplishments are you most proud of?
– I’m proud to be the husband of a wonderful woman. I’m also proud to be more comfortable in my own skin than I used to be.
8) What advice would you give to your younger self?
– I would tell myself to start practicing yoga at an amazing studio, but not sure young me would listen… And all the things you hear about gratitude, forgiveness, and self love are real. Try to find new things to learn, and enjoy that part of the process.
9) What would you like people to remember about you?
– Remember after we meet? Remember once I’m dead? Maybe for the former it’s a genuine hug or smile, and the latter… ? How one person could sweat so much in an hour? I’m still stumped myself!
10) Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
– Many of the instructors are truly amazing people, and very talented teachers. I get excited and inspired to practice with such a strong and graceful group of yogis too!