1. What is your full name?
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
Reading! Always reading.
3. What job did you have in high school?
I was an avid tennis player, so I worked as a tennis instructor at a local club.
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
So many, but here’s one: it took me two years to speak up and correct a friend’s pronunciation of my name.
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
They all seem to be the best. This summer, my family and I visited Berlin. Art and museums and statues and memorials—(if you go, visit the East Side Gallery, where artists around the world have painted on the section of the Wall)– spark the necessary conversation about history so as never to repeat it.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
My two novels, The Painting and The Translator
8. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Decisions sparked by fear rarely work out.
9. What would you like people to remember about you
I was present. And the times I wasn’t, I regretted.
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
The teachers are fantastic! Knowledgeable and inspiring, they offer safe, challenging workouts.