1. What is your full name?
Tiffani élan Howell, though my nickname/professional name is Tes (long story)
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
Reading – anything I could get my hands on and sneak into my room.
3. What job did you have in high school?
I worked for a Dutch cookie waffle place and sold concessions at the minor league baseball field.
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
You mean, my least most embarrassing memory that I would want to share with hundreds of people? Nothing is really coming to mind…
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Probably the first time my husband and I went to Oahu in 2001 (?). I had recently passed my qualifying exams for the PhD and felt like every sunset was a reward for having just slogged through the German canon and (sort of) made it out the other side.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
I am a language teacher by training (everything from German language proficiency to critical reading and writing skills), and I am most proud of those moments when I witness a student experience that “aha moment,” knowing that I helped bring it about in some way.
8. What advice would you give to your younger/present/future self?
Calm down. Seriously.
9. What would you like people to remember about you?
That I would rather laugh than cry.
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
Because it pushes me to my edge and is filled with all my favorite people!