1. What is your full name?
Tyler Orlando Hicks. (Middle name after my dad’s favorite baseball player, Orlando Cepeda)
2. What was your favorite activity as a child?
Playing baseball with my dad. We spent hours in the yard fielding ground balls.
3. What job did you have in high school?
I was a busboy at The Cantina in Mill Valley.
4. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Falling asleep at my desk in high school and waking up to an empty classroom.
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Traveling through SE Asia with my younger sister after my first year of law school. I spent a month in Cambodia studying at the War Crimes tribunal, and then my sister and I backpacked for two months through Cambodia, Laos and Thailand.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
My family. Archer. Silicon Valley.
7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
Competing in college athletics (boxing).
Putting myself through college & law school.
Buying a house in Marin County.
Professional successes as a Public Defender.
8. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Be comfortable and confident with who you are and don’t change to please other people.
9. What would you like people to remember about you?
That I was a good father, husband and friend.
10. Why do you practice at Marin Power Yoga?
MPY yoga classes are the perfect combination of fitness and stretching for me.
I used to try to do yoga once a week to supplement my other activities, but as I’ve gotten older, I find doing yoga more often helps me feel better physically and mentally. I like that I feel physically challenged while actually working with my body and not in competition with it.