I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship. ― Brené Brown
Partner Yoga Flow Workshop THIS Saturday!
WHO: YOU!!! And bring someone you feel comfortable doing yoga with, such as a spouse, friend, sibling, parent, child, etc. No yoga or partner experience is necessary – just come with an open mind!
WHAT: A unique, playful, and fun 90-minute Yoga Flow workshop where we will breakdown and explore a series of partner poses that require you to stay connected with someone else from the beginning of class to the end. Unlike Partner-Assisted Yoga or AcroYoga, where only one individual is doing a yoga pose and the other is assisting or supporting, Partner Yoga poses are mutually beneficial. Both individuals will exert equal amounts of strength, control, and support, and at the same time will receive balance, depth, and openness in each pose.
WHEN: This Saturday, February 15th, from 9:30am-11:00am!
WHERE: Marin Power Yoga, of course!
WHY: Partner Yoga brings your practice to a whole different level!!!
· Give someone you care about an opportunity to try out yoga for the first-time, with you by their side the whole time (literally!).
· Learn trust and communication with one another beyond just words, but through connecting, listening, and feeling each other’s movements and breathing.
· Challenge your body and your mind as you play and discover how to find the perfect balance with your partner in each pose. Let go of control and allow yourself to lean on someone else for once. Or perhaps, let go of dependence, and be aware not to lean too much.
· Surrender to a deeper stretch than you would normally be able to achieve on your own – and be prepared, it will feel amazing!
· Most importantly, share a positive and energetic experience that may have you bursting out in laughter one second, then crying the next (just saying…) with someone you care about.
COST: Free for members and $20 drop-in for non-members