Amongst the big changes at Marin Power Yoga, our first Art Show! We have up an incredible series from Tonya Leitz, a member of our yoga community, resident of San Anselmo, mother of 2 of our awesome yogi kids and an incredible artist!
We met Tonya here at the yoga studio, she has a great practice and can often be seen biking to the studio or to pick up her kids at Wade Thomas. Looking at Facebook one day we saw her art and immediately said, “Wow!” From richly layered backgrounds to vibrant colors and “pop like” people, Tonya’s paintings have an emotional edge that does not back down.
We have been “living” with the art for a week now and it continues to grow on us. The colors lit up the studio, reflecting the enthusiastic energy we have for our community and yoga practice. The details in the paintings slowly grow on you, whether it is the green in Johnny’s eyes or the angular arm of one of the Bitches. Tonya’s art is meant to be lived with, enjoyed and talked about!
We are selling Tonya’s art for the next 3 weeks, with 25% of the proceeds going to YES (our local arts and music organization supporting the elementary and middle schools here in Ross Valley. When you buy a piece you help foster the education of the next generation of artists and bring your walls to life! Paintings range from $100 to $1,200 and come in a variety of sizes. Stop by Marin Power Yoga and check out the amazing art from Tonya Leitz!
My name is Tonya Leitz. I’m originally from Boston but I’ve been living with my family in West Marin for the past three years. I use mostly acrylic paint, acrylic spray, charcoal and ink on canvas and board. My eye was formally trained at the New England School of Photography and the Art Institute of Boston but as long as I can remember, I’ve been an artist. This latest series is about my people. The people I know, the people I see, and the vibrant colors and energy that surround us.
Change Comes From Within.
This simple statement is the truth, for you, me and Marin Power Yoga. Here is a list of the changes happening within Marin Power Yoga:
- Mandi Bateman is no longer teaching at MPY. We wish her the best in her future endeavors and appreciate her time with us at the studio.
- Yoga Jam fundraiser for the Africa Yoga Project is on Friday August 30th from 6-7 pm with a reception afterwards! Join us for this 80s themed event co-taught by Jennifer and Sean Silvera! Get your spandex and bring on the BIG HAIR!
- We are expanding next door September 1st! We will have a smaller studio upstairs with kid’s classes and personal training as well as small group interval training, massage room downstairs and retail!
- We have a Special Labor Day Weekend Schedule – a few Classes are canceled. Sunday September 1st the 4:30 Basics class is cancelled, and Monday September 2nd we are only teaching one class at 9:00 am. Happy Labor Day!!!
- We are starting a massage room with Shel and Bill – They are AMAZING! From Deep Tissue to Swedish, they will work out the knots and bring your body to complete relaxation. Members always get a discount – pricing is $75 for an hour and $115 for an hour and half! Non-Member pricing is $85/125.
- Kids classes for children from kindergarten to 5th grade are starting September 10th in the “Tree House.” Classes will be on Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30-5:30 pm! Starting September 1st Kids 12 and under are $50 a month for unlimited yoga!
- Wendy Rodgers will be doing Personal Training and Interval Training starting in September. Wendy was a Tri-Athlete who will take you to your competitive edge safely! Member Pricing is $75 for an hour and Non-Member pricing is $85. We are still figuring out how the small group training will work!
- New Vinyasa Flow classes are going on the schedule from 4:30-5:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursdays. If you want them on more days, tell us!!!
- Thursday September 12th from 7:30-8:30 pm – Special Donation Based class to fight Leukemia! Hosted by Ashley and David Pilon!
- Sunday’s 4:30-5:30 is now a Power Yoga Basics Class! Alex will be breaking down poses and the class will be slower with more detail. This is a great way to improve your understanding of the poses and really land them in your body!
- Look for Carly Columbres on the schedule! She is a Baptiste trained teacher who has completed Level 1, 2 and 3!
- Look for Libby Murphy on the schedule! She is one of our Cleveland Yoga friends who normally teaches in San Francisco at Aha and The Pad!
- Intermediate Classes and Yin are on the way!